Sterling Capital Management LLC is a registered investment advisor founded in 1970. Sterling is dedicated to providing clients with outstanding service in achieving their investment goals. By delivering on this commitment, the firm has grown to serve many sophisticated individual and institutional investors.
With $52 billion in assets under management as of 06.30.2019, Sterling has the capabilities, credentials and focus designed to solve our clients’ most complex investment needs.
Sterling’s private client group originated from the firm’s success in serving sophisticated institutional investors. Our interaction with national and international consultants, corporations, foundations and Governmental pension plans has provided us experience and insight to better serve affluent individuals and families. The private client group was strengthened with the addition of Washington, D.C. based de Garmo & Kelleher in 2010. Our sole mission is to appropriately manage our clients’ assets to meet their goals and objectives.
Sterling is an independent subsidiary of BB&T Corporation, one of the nation's largest financial services holding companies.
Our headquarters are in Charlotte, N.C., with offices in Raleigh, N.C.; Washington, D.C.; Richmond, VA; Virginia Beach, VA; Philadelphia, PA and San Francisco, Calif.
For over four decades, Sterling Capital has focused on the complex needs of affluent individuals and families. We believe that our success is based on:
- Understanding our client’s life goals, which drives investment needs, estate planning, and risk tolerance.
- Comprehensive planning integrating investment management, estate planning and wealth transfer, tax planning, retirement and education planning, private banking, insurance and family risk management, and fiduciary services.
- Development of a disciplined strategy to achieve those goals.
- Consistent execution of that strategy.
- Customized services which a boutique firm can provide.
- Commitment to client service coupled with consistent and frequent communication.
Our commitment to excellence on behalf of each client is driven by core values that emphasize integrity, objectivity, flexibility and our role as trusted advisor and advocate, putting the client's best interest first.